Saturday, January 2, 2010

Awoke

The other night/morning, as 2009 melted into 2010, I thought about (duh) the weight of a year and noted also that my celebration of New Year's 2008/2009 ended up being entirely different than my New Year's 2009/2010 celebration. On NY's 2008/2009, Grace and Paul still lived 4 blocks away from me in Missoula, and I spent that last evening of 2008 with them doing what we've always done well together-- eating-- and doing, too, what we've often done a little too well together-- drinking. (As far as Jack goes, back then he and I were still resolving ourselves into some kind of semblance of.)

This New Year's, which, depending on how you tally up your decades, may or may not be the beginning of a new one, saw Grace and Paul (and cat Violet) in Boston, Jack holidaying in Richmond, VT, and me and the cats, Jasper and Hazel--who we cooperatively own between the 4 of us and who live for the moment with Jack and I--in Missoula.

So it goes. The countdown's ended. When it did, I lifted my glass toward the East Coast. Now--cheers, people(!)-- January 2010 resolves itself toward soup and bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment