Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Things you can put IN mole.

* * * * *

Mole is a Concoction.
You can put a lot of things in mole.

Almonds, toasted & ground up with tomatoes.
Chocolate, melting at the end of everything.
Tomato & ginger, reduced as a dream I'm remembering.
Shallots or Sweet Onions or Feral Onions.

It's like a heart buried in the ground in winter.
A Duck in the oven.
A brick of tofu.
A hearty slice of brioche, its light crust dusted with large crystals of sugar.

Chocolate, smooth between the tooths.
Almonds, blanched & toasted in a cast iron pot.
I used to want a poem to speak of its poetics.
Goat meat. Pork belly. White chocolate.

Cloves, Cinnamon, Tumeric, Garlic, Coriander.
The g-dd-ss of spices has given you a tongue.
The g-dd-ss of spices has given you a tooth to your tongue.
Volcanic ash, the wheel reinventing itself turning wheel against wheel.

I wouldn't put a candle in mole.
I would put a fried plantain, sliced w/ farmer's cheese, in mole.
Even when I'm not in crisis, cooking is still necessary.
In this way, I might pull a rabbit out of a mole.

Toasted almonds or toasted pine nuts.
Red Chile powder.
Hot oil. Maple sugar. Snake skin boots I took off by the sea.
When was cooking not fusion?

I would not put a silver dollar in mole, but
I would put a secret in mole.
I will tell you the secret because once you crocheted a cloud into rain.
The secret is smoked salt and something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment